Below are some general examples of the kind of content we publish:
- Stories of your personal experiences with Self-Directed Education — give people a window into what it looks like and how it works in your life.
- Editorial style pieces about education from a Self-Directed Education perspective.
- Insights into how your work intersects or represents Self-Directed Education (without being self-promotional).
- Research-based / academic articles that address child development, education policy, etc., through a surveying of relevant research.
- Editorial style commentary from a lens that highlights the importance and relevance of Self-Directed Education in our world today
- Why Self-Directed Education? is our ongoing series about why people choose SDE. We are particularly interested in hearing these stories from the perspective of parent, educator, or “student.”
Think we’re missing something? Have other feedback? Send us an email and let us know.
*Please note* we use Google Docs to collaborate with contributors throughout the editing process. If you are not familiar with Google Docs, please take some time to learn how to use them before submitting your article. We ask that submissions be sent via Google Docs and that you continue to use that format with us throughout the process.