Bloom Learning Community
Berea, OH 44017
At Bloom Learning Community, our mantra is “Space to grow, freedom to flourish, body + heart + mind.” This means that we support each child’s unique learning path by putting their interests, learning style, and values at the forefront to ensure a truly “learner-centered” experience. Each child will have a learning journey that is personalized to them. They’ll have “space to grow” by setting their own pace in a compassionate, multi-age learning environment; they’ll have “freedom to flourish” by consciously engaging in learning that is meaningful for them; and they’ll do this “body + heart + mind” through holistic learning approaches set forth by Rainbow Institute’s Seven Domains of Learning.
SDE Optimizing Conditions
- Responsibility – At Bloom, there is a central respect for children as natural learners. All methods, practices, and curriculum are chosen to foster a supportive environment so children can truly take ownership of their learning path.
- Freedom – At Bloom students are guided and empowered to be responsible for their own learning. Individualized learning plans are co-created through collaboration with parents, students, and staff thereby restoring choice, agency, and autonomy in education.
- Access to Tools – Activity choices include hands-on learning activities and games with material resources, participation in small-group workshop-style activities, collaborating on a project with others, or working independently using all available materials.
- Nonjudgmental Support – Learning Guides assist kids to stay with their chosen activity or take a break when needed; to help problem solve, troubleshoot, and brainstorm; to help mediate conflict and work with emotions; to challenge when necessary and nurture when needed.
- Age Mixing – A learning community is a group that shares a lifelong love of learning - all ages are welcome to mix freely.
- Healthy Community – Our community is strengthened and enriched by the combination of unique differences and shared communal values. Our intent is for all members of our community to feel welcomed, appreciated, and supported.
If any information about this resource is out of date, please let us know.