EPIC Life Learning Community
EPIC is an intentional learning community serving ages 4-18 by offering a rich, supportive space for children to thrive by empowering them to engage with their interests and the world around them.
Cassidy, Kristen, Kelci, and Jordan founder
1641 W. Hebron Parkway
Carrollton, TX 75010
Carrollton, TX 75010
Dallas, Plano, Lewisville, Carrollton, North Texas, North Dallas
Epic Life Learning Community offers a variety of optional classes, workshops, and opportunities to engage with real tools of the culture in a safe and enriching environment where adults are helpers, not judges. Epic Life Learning Community is member of the Liberated Learners network (a collection of learning centers modeled after North Star: Self-Directed Learning for Teens) and utilizes Agile Learning Center Tools.
SDE Optimizing Conditions
ASDE surveys all SDE communities/programs about how they provide, enhance, or align with each of the Six Optimizing Conditions for young people to succeed in SDE. Survey answers:
- Responsibility – At Epic Life Learning Community we believe learning is natural and trust each child to be in charge of their own learning. We hold space for our learners to build responsibility by allowing them to pursue their natural interests and passions.
- Freedom – Learners at Epic Life Learning Community have autonomy to engage in any and all interests throughout the day. From imaginative play to skateboarding, all interests are valued and supported at Epic through one-on-one mentoring.
- Access to Tools – Epic Life Learning Community encourages learners to engage and provides learners with the real tools of the culture while supporting safe use through a mentor-supported certification process.
- Nonjudgmental Support – Adults at Epic Life Learning Community are facilitators and mentors co-creating the community with the learners. One-on-one mentoring is a key element of how we support our learners to pursue self-determined passions and goals.
- Age Mixing – Epic Life Learning Community serves ages 4-18 and offers a variety of age-mixed classes. Our morning focus time holds space for 3 different groups to meet with their mentors, in learner-chosen and developmentally intentional programs.
- Healthy Community – Epic Life Learning Community co-creates culture using Agile Learning's Community Awareness Board and Culture Committee processes. Mentors and learners co-create the community offerings and activities and work together towards collective goals.
If any information about this resource is out of date, please let us know.