Full Circle Schooling
3-5 day per week program for registered homeschoolers that is fully mobile, with a field trip each day and learning through experiences.
Valerie Jaeger founder
Fremont/Newark/Union City, CA 94537
East Bay area
SDE Optimizing Conditions
ASDE surveys all SDE communities/programs about how they provide, enhance, or align with each of the Six Optimizing Conditions for young people to succeed in SDE. Survey answers:
- Responsibility – Academics are not measured or required. Children are only encouraged to follow their own interests and to reflect on what they would like to engage in (or not).
- Freedom – 10 am-2:30pm drop off and pick-up, parents do not accompany children and facilitator
- Access to Tools – Visits to parks, beaches, natural reserves, museums, community sites (library, fire station, etc), farms, etc each day
- Nonjudgmental Support – One adult facilitator per group; no grades, tests, homework, or require participation in activities
- Age Mixing – Ages 5-11
- Healthy Community – Group of 8-10 that meets 3-5 times per week all year, forms a caring and connected community
If any information about this resource is out of date, please let us know.