Peer Unschooling Network (PUN)
PUN really serves two dual purposes:
1) it creates a space for existing self-directed learners to connect with one another and make friends
2) it provides a venue for young people who are curious about self-directed learning to reach out to youth currently practicing it to find out exactly what their experiences are like
SDE Optimizing Conditions
- Responsibility – Nothing is forced on youth on PUN - they must take responsibility for their own involvement.
- Freedom – Nothing is mandatory or required - they can't come and go as they please.
- Access to Tools – We have digital tools for sharing content as well as a chat/messaging platform.
- Nonjudgmental Support – This is mostly a peer organization of youth, though I do offer support and mentorship to those who seek it out.
- Age Mixing – The site is mainly focused on youth, somewhat like a Sudbury model, though we're open to expanding this definition as we grow. Right now we're focused on having the youth setup the culture of the community before opening the floodgates.
- Healthy Community – We have a group of moderators and a set of community guidelines to support respectful interactions.
If any information about this resource is out of date, please let us know.