The Alliance for Self-Directed Education offers fiscal sponsorship to values-aligned programs, organizations, and individuals who need a nonprofit to accept large-scale donations.
Examples of what we offer:
- One time or ongoing large donations (i.e. monthly checks from the same large donor)
- Large donations during a fundraising drive (We are able to take single donations of $500 or more)
At this time we cannot offer ongoing fiscal sponsorship for small donations, as that is a large stress on our accounting.
How to Apply:
If you would like to apply for fiscal sponsorship by ASDE please email us with the following information:
- How time sensitive this request is
- A little bit about your organization and how you align with ASDE’s mission, vision, and values
- The specific request you are making for fiscal sponsorship (i.e. a grant, monthly single large donation, etc.)
As fiscal sponsors, we typically ask for 3-5% of large grants and larger donations in order to cover administrative and accounting expenses. This is purposefully on the low end of most fiscal sponsors (which tend to charge 5-10%), because we want this to be mutually beneficial, and to provide ongoing support to folks in the SDE movement. We understand that even a 3% fee might be out of reach, so we address this on a case-by-case basis and are willing to work with you about what will be best.
Past and Present Fiscal Sponsorships:
ASDE is or has been a fiscal sponsor for the following organizations:
- My Reflection Matters Village
- Brooklyn Apple Academy