The Alliance for Self-Directed Education (ASDE) supports local organizers to help catalyze the formation of groups aimed at supporting and promoting Self-Directed Education in their local communities. These groups are autonomous entities and may or may not choose to incorporate. Local groups are legally distinct from the Alliance for Self-Directed Education, but are free to use the website and resources of the Alliance to further their local efforts and to communicate.
Local SDE groups can take many different forms. They can be parent support groups, discussion groups, or even advocacy groups. There are local SDE groups that support the community by providing a safe space for parents of self-directed children to talk about their joys, struggles, and ask one another questions. There are groups that are sharing SDE through showing videos, sharing books, and discussion. There are other groups that are working towards normalizing and popularizing SDE in their city.
Have questions about how to form a group? Wondering where to meet, how to plan meetings, or how to gather interest? Want to know if there is a group in your area?
- Find existing groups in the Resource Directory
- Read the Local SDE Groups Handbook
- Visit the Local SDE Groups FAQ
- Ask a question on the Local SDE Groups Forum
- Email Bria If you would like to join the monthly online local SDE group organizer meetings
- Email Bria, our Executive Director, at email@example.com with any questions!