Engagement Opportunity for Young People
Join a dialogue call with other young people who are interested in advocating for Self-Directed Education.
If you’re a young person age 17 or younger, and would like to be more involved in advocating for Self-Directed Education, please join in this collaborative discussion. Calls are scheduled for Sunday, October 7 at 3:30pm (EST) and Monday, October 8 at 6:30pm (EST)
Please contact email@example.com if you are interested in joining one of the calls.
What is the call going to be about?
This call is an opportunity to be among people who want to know what *young people are feeling, needing, and are energized to work towards in the realm of Self-Directed Education Advocacy.
What’s included for participants:
By getting involved in the Alliance for Self-Directed Education, young people will have access to, and a strong voice among, people and online spaces devoted to their right to be free and to learn and live in ways that honor who they are as people, not who they “could be” as adults. You will be part of the leadership and the direction of the expansion of SDE options both on local and global levels.
Dialogue Outline (we will go with the flow):
- Are you familiar with the Alliance for Self-Directed Education (Self-Directed.org)?
- What are your thoughts about the movement?
- What ideas do you have for reaching ASDE’s stated mission: making Self-Directed Education accessible to all young people?
- How would you like to see ASDE include young people?
- What are some ideas that come to mind for your own involvement?
- Do you use forums online? Have you ever used the ASDE forum?
- Where are you located?
*Please note: This call is focused on giving a voice to those under 18. Older people can be involved in the later stages of this project to support amplifying the group that organizes from this call.