“Ask Me Anything” with Anthony Galloway Jr.
Wednesday, July 18th, Noon–9pm/ET
Anthony Galloway Jr. co-nurtures the community at Heartwood ALC. His partner-centered approach to SDE facilitation includes modeling the types of communication and conflict-resolution skills that help self-directed young people build emotional intelligence and confident self-governance.
In graduate school, Anthony realized he no longer wanted to be part of the problems he saw with conventional education — especially those educational structures that threaten social justice for some socioeconomic classes. He co-founded an SDE-aligned school to work toward solutions to the issues that arise from those structures.
Anthony brings a breadth of knowledge and experience about social justice work in SDE spaces. Curious about how to include social justic learning in SDE? The challenges and necessities of starting an SDE community? The personal deschooling process? How SDE can help children to develop a non-discriminatory way of being? Advice for people of color in SDE spaces? Join Anthony's AMA event in the ASDE member forums next Wednesday, July 18th, from
Read ASDE's archive of fantastic wisdom from past "Ask Me Anything" events, here. (Member login required.)
The online magazine from the Alliance for
|Across the Lines: Abolishing Racism with Education
Cultivating liberated and unbiased spaces for youth to grow through Self-Directed Education
|My Faith Led Me to Unschooling
By digging deeper into my faith, I learned what it means to be a family that learns together
News & Announcements:
- Job Opening for Staff at Self-Directed Co-op in Los Angeles, CA
- Wanted: teen & grown unschoolers for interview, and also parents, facilitators, etc. (This is for a member's independent project.)
- Libraries as Centers for SDE
- SDE and Parenting
- When your child asks for school
- A question on neuro-biology of learning
- SDE in places without schools (rural, developing, etc.)
- SDE groups, safety, and kids with behavioral challenges
- Please, let's make it free to learn how to start a democratic school.
- We need your input! SDE Film Initiative