Teen Support, Facilitator Trainings, Screen Time, and more...
Teen Support: the Peer Unschooling Network
Jim Flannery, Peer Unschooling Network (PUN) founder, says...
"The PUN is a digital community for teen unschoolers from around the world. It serves two great purposes: (1) allowing teen unschoolers an opportunity to meet other teens who share the same interests or live in their area, and (2) allowing teens interested in unschooling to connect with teens already living the lifestyle and to learn from their experiences."
Check out the Peer Unschooling Network.
SDE Facilitation Trainings and Workshops
Lots of members have been inquiring about facilitator training resources. If you know of more, please post info and links in the member forums, here.
- Agile Learning Facilitator Summer Trainings
- How to facilitate truly Self-Directed Education
- Online SDE Facilitation course (announced in member forums)
The online magazine from the Alliance for
|Teens and Screens
An adolescent mental health crisis is brewing. Are smartphones and social media to blame?
|Growing and Learning Beyond "Normal"
Is there such thing as a normal two, three, or six year old? Actually, the science is pretty shaky.
Dr. Kevin Currie-Knight
News & Announcements:
- SDE Film Initiative — Filmmakers need input from YOU...
- Seeking Interviews — Impact of Trauma on Education
- North America Leadership Jam with Shilpa Jain
- SDE in places without schools (rural, developing, etc.)
- SDE and technology-use statistics
- The International Journal of Illich Studies
- Libraries as Centers for SDE — a new ASDE initiative
- Hold Local SDE Group Meetings at the Public Library — here's why...
- SDE groups, safety, and kids with behavioral challenges
- Wealth, deschooling and SDE