Three Common Myths about Unschooling
Education in Transformation (EDIT) and ASDE are partnering for a crowdsourced video project addressing common myths about unschoolers. Are you a grown (or current) unschooler? We would love to hear your ideas about three of the most common myths associated with unschooling:
1) If no one forces you to learn, you won’t learn much
2) If you don’t go to school, you won’t be well socialized
3) Without school, you won’t have opportunities for a successful future
If you are a grown or current unschooler and are interested in contributing to this project please take a look at this document for instructions, specific details, and guidelines for submitting your short video contributions. Please upload completed videos to this folder. We are so excited for this collaboration and can’t wait for your footage!
-ASDE & EDIT Organizing Teams
The online magazine from the Alliance for
|An Interview with Jim Flannery
The founder of Peer Unschooling Network talks about the projects he is working on and his experiences with mental health rights and children’s rights.
|Unschooling and Democratic Education: A dysfunctional marriage?
One parent's experience of having moved from unschooling to democratic education, the differences and similarities.
|An Education for the End of the World, Part I
A discussion of self-direction in the era of climate change.
Dr. Kelly Limes-Taylor Henderson
|School Denies the Body
Exploring the role of school in mind-body separation
News & Announcements
- Cottonwood ALC in Helena, Montana is hiring F/T and P/T Facilitators!
- Get Out of the Way and Let Kids Learn -- new book
- Jobs - Full time / Part time facilitators