AMA “Do-Over” +
Tipping Points Columnists
“Do Over!” — Rescheduled due to last week’s eastern US snow storm, today you’re invited (again) to head over to the ASDE member forums for an “Ask Me Anything” event with Dayna Martin, author of Radical Unschooling: A Revolution Has Begun.
When: Noon-9pm/ET (9am-6pm/PT)
Where: Post your question HERE (login required).
Columnists — This year, for our online magazine, we started enlisting ASDE members who love to write about SDE and would like to write a series of monthly articles. We have three columnists so far:
- Rebecka Koritz is writing a series of articles in Spanish called El Mundo Donde Los Niños Son Personas (The World Where Children Are People).
- Alexander Khost is writing Voices of the Children, focusing on the experience of young people in SDE.
- Blake Boles is writing The Self-Directed Bookworm, with reflections on books related to SDE.
To volunteer to write a monthly Tipping Points column for at least six months, please send a description of your column idea to email@example.com, and include some links to (or examples of) your writing. We are especially interested in publishing personal stories: the real-life experiences of the author and/or others who are engaged in Self-Directed Education.
|Your Children Are Not Your Property
So why do so many of us treat them that way?
|De la educación progresiva... 1a parte
English: On Progressive Education (part 1)
En este articulo dividido en dos partes, Rebecka Koritz nos relata su viaje personal a través de Montessori y luego Waldorf, hasta aterrizar en la Educación Autodirigida.
- SDE groups, safety, and kids with behavioral challenges — "...I've seen and heard from many parents whose children have challenges that make it very difficult for them to understand social situations or regulate their behavior within a group."
- Hiring at Tallgrass Sudbury School (Chicago area) — "...information is available at www.tallgrasssudbury.org/staffing."
- Gaming and SDE (new posts) — "...I am deeply concerned about the way my data and my family's data is being used."