Who is Alexander Khost?
For over a year, Alexander Khost has been the Editor-in-Chief of Tipping Points, the online magazine for the Alliance for Self-Directed Education. During this time the magazine has flourished in many ways, including in its diversity of voices, topics, and authors. In this interview, Bria Bloom asks Alex how he came to be involved in the Self-Directed Education (SDE) movement, how he wants to see SDE have an effect on the world, what he is most passionate about, and his vision for the future of Tipping Points magazine. Read the full interview here.
The online magazine from the Alliance for
|A Benevolent Dictator is Still a Dictator
Recently, Houston Sudbury School was included in a video on unschooling for reason.com. See how the school came to that decision, working through differences of opinion regarding participation.
|Educare, Educere, Explorare
Discussing the etymology of the word, "education," arguing that it is problematic, and suggesting a different word as the foundation for a philosophy of learning.
News & Announcements:
- SDE/Unschooling Gear-Up Workshop
- ALF Summer (ALC Facilitator trainings) Dates and Info
- Self-Directed Path Conference & Workshop- Dallas, TX
- Young Professionals in SDE Retreat: July 26-28, 2019
- New Book on Self-Directed Education
- Sudbury schools, Agile Learning Centers, and Liberated Learners centers
- Alternative Systems of Colleges