ASDE Online Event, New Board Member, & SDE Jobs
In this newsletter:
- New ASDE board member announcement!
- Summer Online Event: “School’s not working for us, now what?”
- Current job opportunities in Self-Directed Education
We are here to support all the various ways this movement shows up for people. So if leaving school is right for you — we are here for it. If you’re not ready yet or are just considering other options, we are also here to support you. If you need to stay in school for various reasons, we also have had speakers tackle how to deschool in school. (Watch Tipping Points Magazine later this week for an SDE Weekend video dealing with this topic.)
If the idea of leaving school is showing up for you — as a young person, a parent, or a teacher, check out our summer workshop offering AND the SDE facilitator jobs in various cities below.
New ASDE Board Member
The organizing team of the Alliance for Self-Directed Education (ASDE) is excited to share that a new member has joined our board!
Please join us in welcoming Meghan Davies (she/they) to the ASDE board. Meghan has been involved in the SDE movement for many years, as a parent, zinester, podcaster, & community organizer, and we are so grateful to have her support and insight on our board. Welcome Meghan!
“I’m super excited to partner with ASDE and bridge communities within Self-Directed Education!”
You can read Meghan’s full bio here.
Saturday, July 22 from 1-2:30 pm ET
Summer Online Event: “School’s not working for us, now what?” with Domari Dickinson
Have you come to the conclusion that conventional school isn’t working for you or your children? Are you curious about what other options are available for your child’s education? Do you need support and reassurance in making a change? In this event, Domari will leave space for participants to share why they have (or want to) leave conventional school. It can feel like a great relief to know others are struggling with similar concerns and that there are alternatives out there.
SDE Job Opportunities
- Artist @ Heart – Online/Virtual: Arts Community SDE Facilitators
- North Star: Self-Directed Learning for Teens in Sunderland, MA – USA: Core Staff Member (22 hours/week): https://tinyurl.com/yb9m2cf & Building Manager (16 hours/week): https://tinyurl.com/bdfhhysu
- Village Free School in Portland, OR – USA: Facilitator (30 hours/week): https://drive.google.com/file/d/1FhkDO6cyXUiemBt-V6Q0iEtVwIfMPNtJ/view?usp=drivesdk