Aarohi Open Learning Community
Kelamangalam - Uddanapalli Road
State or Territory: Tamil Nadu
Postal Code: 635113
Education at Aarohi is an open learning journey to:
Understand oneself and develop strengths, skills, and talents that one needs and wants.
Enjoy exploring this wonderful world and connect with it in a meaningful way.
Create your journey, live your own dreams, and add value to yourself every day.
The Mantra is: I decide – I do – Reflect
An open environment of doing, trying, failing, collaborating, learning, teaching, and growing organically.
All kinds of resources for each learner to be able to pursue their own interests.
Wide exposures – especially via interaction with a multitude of people and places.
Sensitive and supportive facilitation and guidance as per each individual’s needs.
A democratic setup that allows a child to learn in an environment of freedom with responsibility.
A safe yet stimulating community life that is challenging yet endearing and inviting.
Families have three options to be part of the Aarohi Community:
Join online from your city / home
Join at Aarohi Campus to enjoy living and learning together. Parents are also encouraged to be at the campus as much as possible.
For youth 14-21 yrs old looking for a Self directed professional Journey Coversity
This is for teenagers who want to discover their passions by deep-diving and create their own journey from passion to profession with other like-passi
SDE Optimizing Conditions
- Responsibility – We believe that each learner is responsible for his or her learning and life; we not only actively communicate this to all, but subtly guide learners to exercise this responsibility in all aspects of living.
- Freedom – Each learner decides and plans what he or she wants to do and explore on a daily / weekly basis.
- Access to Tools – The whole Aarohi campus is an open resource for children to choose from and use for their explorations.
- Nonjudgmental Support – Their is absolutely no external assessment. Each learner self-reflects in order to self-assess.
- Age Mixing – Yes, we all do, learn, and live as one large community, with no age boundaries.
- Healthy Community – All decisions, from daily living to bigger and broader decisions, are co-created.
If any information about this resource is out of date, please let us know.