CEREHARD is a school only from the etymological point of view – skholē = ‘leisure, philosophy, lecture place’. Actually, it is a “humanarium” (equivalent of “librarium”), a collection of trainers and facilitators who are, in fact, polymaths. We encourage free learning on a personal and irregular basis (home and unschooling) under the supervision of this team of experts in various fields; kids and adults join us whenever they need some extra help, but not necessary on daily basis.
At this moment we are a candidate school – undergoing UK accreditation. We keep, for now, the UK evaluation (Cambridge tests from the age of 14 or 16) – most of the universities around the world find IGCSE on Math & Science + some A levels on different disciplines enough to admit our students.
We intend to grow as an evaluation-through-neuroimagery centre, to get a sort of brain profiles which can help in personalizing education and, if neccesay, medical treatment – as long as many kids in Romania are misdiagnosed with autism or adhd and get unnecessary medication. We will set a R&D project with the University of Nottingham, UK, to use their portable MEG as a tool for neuroimaging.
SDE Optimizing Conditions
- Responsibility – We offer the premises of changing the compulsory education "religion" imposed by a stalinist regime to an approach that promotes responsible freedom.
- Freedom – This is the main point of our educational view - genuine learning is possible through play only.
- Access to Tools – All the tools we use are offered by Nature itself. The access to technology is free for everyone and permanently guided.
- Nonjudgmental Support – Each being is unique, we are here as parts of a huge puzzle, or links in a chain that defines life itself.
- Age Mixing – Anyone can join any activity, no matter the age, gender or other differences. Once intersted in something, everyone should get all the support to dig into.
- Healthy Community – We have weekly meetings, where kids and parents and facilitators discuss all the issues and search for the best ways of interaction.
If any information about this resource is out of date, please let us know.