Free to Learn ALC
Rocklin, CA 95677
We are a 5 day a week* program facilitating self-directed agile learning.
We meet in the Blacktop Comedy Theater space for fun, pursuing our own interests, self-direction and intentional community building.
Enrollment is open.
*Starting in Fall 2018. Currently we meet Tuesdays & Wednesdays from 9am-4pm
SDE Optimizing Conditions
- Responsibility – Our community members all participate in creating our intentional culture where they are free to bring social, educational & physical awarenesses, come up with ideas to try, and decide what work. They set their own learning intentions and pace.
- Freedom – Time at Free to Learn provides unlimited time to play, explore, and pursue one's own interest with minimal supervision and interference.
- Access to Tools – Learners are given the opportunity to play with the tools, utensils, and technology of their culture.
- Nonjudgmental Support – FTL facilitators are caring adults, who are helpers, not judges. They will never grade or test.
- Age Mixing – Children are allowed to freely associate among children, adolescents, and adults; there is no arbitrary age segregation.
- Healthy Community – Our members are immersed in a stable, supportive, respectful community where everyone has a voice in collective decision-making.
If any information about this resource is out of date, please let us know.