Inspired Learning Academy and Homeschool Center
We believe that teens/tweens are naturally inclined to explore, learn and achieve with passion and purpose when the decision is their own and they are supported and encouraged by a community of heart-centered peers and adults, creating an environment that brings out the best in them.
SDE Optimizing Conditions
- Responsibility – Students at ILA create their own schedules based on personal interests and goals. Students plan their independent classes and self-assess progress during and after completion.
- Youth Autonomy – Learners are free to pursue what they choose to learn, how they want to learn it – all with the support of a designated mentor and a small, close-knit community of friends.
- Access to Tools and Technology – Students at ILA have access and freedom to engage with various different real-world tools. Tools that require skill and safety precautions can be used after student has demonstrated appropriate use.
- Adult Allies – Advisors/Learning Facilitators guide students to discover their interests, set their own goals, challenge themselves and reflect on their outcomes without judgement or evaluation(Students meet 1-on-1 with their advisor at least once every two weeks).
- Free Age Mixing – ILA serves students ages 12 to 18 in a mixed-age environment. Offered classes are open to all interested students, regardless of age.
- Community – ILA uses ALC tools for Culture Creation meetings where students feel they are heard, they belong and that they make a difference. Students at ILA learn effective communication skills to build healthy relationships and community.
If any information about this resource is out of date, please let us know.