Synergy Collective of the Upstate
Synergy Collective of the Upstate is designed to be a connecting point for families in the Greenville, SC area that align themselves with a self-directed, liberated, autonomous mindset for all people, regardless of age. We are seeking a collective of renegades, going against the flow of mainstream mindsets, believing that everyone should be free to live, learn, and grow without the use of oppression or coercion.
The desire is for a multicultural and multigenerational community that cares for one another, openly shares their skills and passions to help better each other, and seeks opportunities to make a difference in our city. A primary focus will be on upholding the freedom and rights of our young people by honoring their voice and encouraging them to lead and assert themselves in their city spaces.
This group will be an evolving collaboration between the people who chose to be involved and consent to the agreements defined by the collective as we grow. We will support a diversity of race, gender, sexual orientation, ability, age, religion, socioeconomic status, and neurocognitive functioning.
SDE Optimizing Conditions
- Responsibility – Our group gets together to plan how they will spend their day and is responsible for their things and the awareness of the needs of the group and others in shared spaces.
- Youth Autonomy – Our group spend the day connecting with each other through games, movement, and collaborative projects. They are free to come and go from the shared spaces and navigate their own money management and ordering food/drinks.
- Access to Tools and Technology – There are no limits to technology in our group. They are welcome to bring their own personal devices as none are provided at this time. We connect through Discord, which is run and moderated by our members.
- Adult Allies – We have two full-time instigators and one part time. All are caring people with fully formed prefrontal cortexes (how we identify “adults”). We are there to facilitate and guide as needed.
- Free Age Mixing – Our group ranges from age 2 to 42 with no division of age or stage. We encourage spending time with others we encounter while out in the city.
- Community – We set our day when we first get together, making sure to account for individual needs and the needs of others. Everybody has a say and all ideas are counted/considered!
If any information about this resource is out of date, please let us know.