The Learning Community at Quest
State or Territory: Tamil Nadu
Postal Code: 600041
Quest is a conducive learning environment, for learners to discover interests and learn on their own terms. At about 6500 sq. ft. in size, we have an abundance of resources like an AV room equipped with 137″ screen and 7.1 surround sound, a kitchen designed for cooking and baking in groups, a wide collection of about 100 toys and games sourced from across the world for ages 4-104, a growing book library, an art studio space and craft corner, a thread works room with weaving equipment from New Zealand, a STEM room, a performing arts room, a clay-work terrace, a glass studio and free spaces that are malleable for different activities.
Quest has been established by Altius Foundation, a nonprofit organisation, which implements new-age transformational ideas that are scalable and have great impact on specific areas in the field of education.
SDE Optimizing Conditions
- Responsibility – It is a vital part of our Individualised Engagement Program, where young learners (ages 4- 12) set goals for themselves to pursue interests they enjoy and take charge of their Learning Journey. As facilitators, we help them only if they seek it.
- Freedom – We practice democracy in big decisions that would affect our young learners too. So every voice matters! Learners at Quest have access to every resource at all times - be it play, exploration or active learning of interests.
- Access to Tools – The entire space is designed such that our youngest learners (4 years) get access to every resource too. Sharp tools/items that could pose to be dangerous are kept at accessible levels for learners who have understood safety of using them.
- Nonjudgmental Support – As an inclusive learning space, our goal is to help every learner who steps into Quest feel like they matter and that they can learn anything they wish to. So the community of facilitators, parents and learning partners help us make SDL possible.
- Age Mixing – We cater to ages 4-12 and at every single touch point between ages, we help mixed-age groups get the best out of their age range.
- Healthy Community – Every voice matters - from fulfilling needs of our youngest learner wanting to skateboard at Quest to our oldest learner wanting to watch movies, we take every single opinion very seriously. Ownership exercised by our learners is always very high.
If any information about this resource is out of date, please let us know.