The Learning Community at Quest
State or Territory: Tamil Nadu
Postal Code: 600090
Quest is a conducive learning environment, for learners to discover interests and learn in their own terms. At about 7500 sq. ft. in size, we have an abundance of resources like an AV room equipped with 137″ screen and 7.1 surround sound, a kitchen designed for cooking and baking in groups, a wide collection of about 100 toys and games sourced from across the world for ages 4-104, a growing book library, an art studio space, a research and maker studio, a performing arts room, a clay-work terrace, and free spaces that are malleable for different activities.
We had our humble beginnings in 2016 and in July 2021, we launched our signature programme – The Unschooling Project; to support homeschoolers and private candidates with abundance of resources, a team dedicated to help children understand themselves better as learners and a network of people and places that open up perspectives and a provide opportunities to learn different skills.
SDE Optimizing Conditions
- Responsibility – It is a vital part of The Unschooling Project, where learners (ages 6-18) set goals for themselves to pursue interests they enjoy and take charge of their Learning Journey. As facilitators, we walk along with them as they take agency for their pursui
- Freedom – We practice democracy in big decisions that would affect our learners too. So every voice matters! Learners at Quest have access to every resource at all times - be it play, exploration or active learning of interests.
- Access to Tools – The entire space is designed such that our youngest learners (6 years) get access to every resource too. Sharp tools/items that could pose to be dangerous are kept at accessible levels for learners who have understood safety of using them.
- Nonjudgmental Support – As an inclusive learning space, our goal is to help every learner who steps into Quest feel like they matter and that they can learn anything they wish to. So the community of facilitators, parents and learning partners help us make SDL possible.
- Age Mixing – We cater to ages 6-18 and at every single touch point between ages, we help mixed-age groups get the best out of their age range.
- Healthy Community – Every voice matters - from fulfilling needs of our youngest learner wanting to skateboard at Quest to our oldest learner wanting to watch movies, we take every single opinion very seriously. Ownership exercised by our learners is always very high.
If any information about this resource is out of date, please let us know.