Empower Oceanside (startup)
Empower Oceanside Unschooling Co-Op is for children of any age and their parents and,or caregivers. This is an opportunity to be in community weekly. For kids to engage in open-ended, child-led play and activities while the adults unlearn together.
Ana Maria Hallman organizer
Oceanside, CA 92054
Vista, Carlsbad, San Marcos, Escondido, San Diego
SDE Optimizing Conditions
ASDE surveys all SDE communities/programs about how they provide, enhance, or align with each of the Six Optimizing Conditions for young people to succeed in SDE. Survey answers:
- Responsibility – In partnership with families and caregivers, we encourage and empower children to trust themselves, build self-confidence, and learn core life-long skills , such as decision making and problem solving, all through the power of play, self-directed lea
- Youth Autonomy – We will hostly weekly outdoor play days, locations chosen by the children ahead of time, where they can play freely with minimal adult supervision and interaction.
- Access to Tools and Technology – Bimonthly we will meet at a private home to engage in tinkering and creating with a variety of materials that children can choose from and use as they want. Bi monthly we will go to our local libraries to use their resources as an extension of SDE.
- Adult Allies – Adult participants (parents and caregivers) will be near when needed and will facilitate rather that direct. We will serve as guides rather than authorities.
- Free Age Mixing – We are open to all ages, from babies to the elderly.
- Community – Empower Oceanside is a safe, anti-racist, inclusive space for people of all races, ethnicities, ages, abilities, sexualities, and genders. We encourage and support people’s varied forms of self-expression. We will not tolerate racism, sexism,
If any information about this resource is out of date, please let us know.